Flax seed crackers are my very favorite healthy snack to make. The basic ingredients are flaxseed whole, ground or both. Some vegetables, nuts, seeds and herbs for flavour. You do need a dehydrator and food processor to make them but its worth it. No flour or wheat, No eggs, No sugar….super healthy and super YUM!!!
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes ( Soak in hot water, enough to cover)
- 1 cup walnuts (Soak in water for an hour, discard water)
- 1 juice of one lemon
- 1 small zucchini
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tablespoons of tamari ( I used the wheat-free kind)
- 1/2 cup of whole flax seed (Soaked in 3/4 cups of water)
- 1/2 cup of ground flax seed
- 1 Onion
- 1 Red or yellow bell pepper
- 1 tomato
Chop onion, garlic, bell pepper and tomato into chunks. Place into food processor and process until mix ed throughly. Add salt, cumin, tamari, lemon juice, walnuts and dry flax in food processor and mix.
Drain sun dried tomatoes place in food processor set water aside. Also add whole flax seed and mix. Add water from sun dried tomatoes if necessary. Your batter should be smooth but not too runny.
Spread batter onto your teflex sheet with spoon and score with knife.
Dehydrate for about 10 to 12 hours on 115. Remove from teflex sheet and place on mesh sheet and dehydrate for another 8 to 10 hours.